Downed Line Safety
- NEVER TOUCH A DOWNED POWER LINE.
- Report downed lines to your local office:
Long Beach: (360)642-3191
Naselle: (833)484-7454 (Local Only)
- Be prepared to provide the location of the downed
- Keep your distance and help alert others if safely
- If the line has fallen on or near your car, STAY
IN YOUR CAR. Your car tires can act as an
insulator and help keep you from being electrocuted.
- Even one foot from your car to the energized
ground can be lethal.
- The customer's only responsibility is to inspect trees
on your property that are in contact with or in close
proximity to the service line (from pole to house/meter
location) and if necessary hire certified tree trimmers.
- For your safety please call us before conducting any
kind of work on trees that are near overhead lines. We
will inspect the lines and will help determine the best
course of action.
The PUD offers meter base surge protection to help stop
high-voltage electrical disturbances before they enter the
home. Surge protectors come with a 10 year manufacturer
warranty and are installed by the PUD.
200 amp- $175
Please complete this form this form and
submit it to the PUD with the associated fee.
In Home Electrical Safety
Each year, thousands of people in the United States are
critically injured and electrocuted as a result of
electrical fires, accidents, electrocution in their own
homes. Keep your family safe by practicing good electrical
safety. Visit www.esfi.org
or the National Fire Protection Association
for more information.