If you are experiencing an outage, please check the following before you call the P.U.D.:
- Check circuit breakers/fuses to determine if the problem is in your electrical system.
- Verify your neighbors are out of power.
- If night time, and applicable, check to see if street lights are out in your area.
Once you have reported the outage to the P.U.D., please do the following:
- Turn off and unplug all electronic equipment, such as VCR's, refrigerator, stereo, TV's, computers, etc.
- Turn off circuit breakers to large electrical loads (water heater, furnace, heat pump, etc.).
- Leave porch light on so P.U.D. crews will know when service is restored.
- If there is damage to your electrical equipment or P.U.D. facilities serving you, turn off the main breaker to prevent any further damage.
By following the steps above, you will help reduce initial demand for electricity when power is restored. If the demand is too great, it will cause an overload on the system and the power may go off again. Once electricity has been restored, please wait an additional 10 - 15 minutes before turning the circuit breakers to the 'ON' position.
- Emergency Information
- Pay My Bill Online
- About The PUD
- Rate Structures
- Water Services
- Annual Reports
- Contact Information